Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Details about my Research Paper (Writing Circle Reflection 3)

Today in writing circles, my group mainly talked about what our research topics are and how we plan on presenting the information.  As we each shared,  we helped each other out with what would make it even better and offered other ways that we could further our research.  My group helped me today as I told them about my intent to research public schools.  I have already researched the broad history of this topic as I created my timeline.  I was unsure how I would go about working with this information but witht the help of my writing circle group, I came up with a few good ideas of different aspects of public schools that I could focus on.  I decided that I would sum up some of the major events throughout the history of public schools and any events that may have had an impact on them...for example, I am including some information about Catholic schools since we know that this leads into the formation of public schools. I will also include some events dealing with segregation since these had major effects on public schools.  I will relate these events to my life and reflect on the impact that public schooling has had on me.  I will talk about several specific instances that stood out in my public school experience and then explain how this had an effect on me.  Some of these events include experiences with teachers that I've had, classes I have taken, and decisions I have made in regards to my education.  Lastly, I will talk about some of the advantages of public schools and then touch of some disadvantages, or current issues, that are involved with public schools.  I can provide a few ideas of ways that these issues can be handled by teachers and the outcomes that may occur.  I am glad that I was able to receive help from my group today and that I have finally come up with a plan for writing the research paper.  I have enjoyed working in my writing circle and I think that we all learned a lot from one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment